1. Mobile is the centre of marketing.
Evolution of smartphones, tables and other wearable devices is the key factor that will influence marketing. This will let marketers to strike up more personalised relationship with customers through the power of mobile phones. Spending on mobile advertising will exceed desktop advertising, because of tremendous success of reaching the consumers on the small screens. Smartphones capture consumer’s full attention, and open a new channel to reach them. When users are searching for on their smartphones, they would like to take actions immediately.
The trend of using smartphones as a primary computing device will force companies to rethink how they communicate with consumers. People are not just using mobile devices on the go, smartphones will become a primary device to consumer and create content in any format.
2. Dominance of video:
Video marketing will be ruling in the future. In 2019 80% of all Internet traffic will be video content. There are two reasons for that, firstly higher speed on mobile devices, secondly is that video is less effort to consume. At the same time, mobile is the almighty screen when it comes to grabbing attention. Small screens can drive huge impact. Here are some statistics to help us understand how popular video marketing will become in the future:
- Embedding a video to a landing page increases conversion rate by 80-90%. Consumer report says that video help them to make purchase decisions.
- According to YouTube, video consumption is growing 100% every year
- 65% of customers are more likely to buy after watching a video explaining the product.
- 87% of marketers are using video content in their Digital Marketing strategy.
- Video ads account for 35%of all ad spending online.
- A single minute of video content is equivalent to 1.8 million word
Users use very frustrated when they see ads that are not relevant to their needs and preferences. Marketers are driven by this trend, will be required to create more tailored, targeted assets. Personalised content will be implemented whenever possible. Customers will be using connected devices more and more, this will let marketers learn more about their audience and tie into personalised marketing content. In the future, companies will be helping customers to receive a superior experience by focusing on the what’s important for them.
4. In store marketing:
Smartphones are changing retail landscape. Buyers are using smartphones to research, compare and purchase products in physical stores. According to Google, 84% of shoppers are using their smartphones before going to the shop and while they are there. This uncovers opportunities for marketers to enhance in influence shoppers on the go. A good news for marketers is that shoppers who use smartphones while shopping buy more products. Primarily, shoppers rely on search engines while they shopping, and roughly 50% visit company website to find more information.
5. Voice-Driven SEO
By 2020 50% of all searches will be voice searches. This will change the way searchers will be conducting queries. Marketers need to be ready, and optimise their websites.
The following changes need to be considered:
- Query length. It is going to be very short, on average two keywords. Mostly these search queries reflect intent to do something.
- Questions. Mostly, searches will be in form of question phrases.
- Stronger intense. Voice searches show intent more strongly.
- Impact on local. Mobile voice searches are three times more likely to be local-based.